Tag Archives: Green Card

How to Receive Your Green Card if You are Granted a Green Card by an Immigration Judge


If an immigration judge (IJ) granted you permanent residence during immigration court proceedings or you were granted permanent residence by the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) and you have not yet received your green card, please schedule an appointment with your local U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office. You can make an appointment through http://infopass.uscis.gov/.

Wait at least 3 days after the judge or BIA decision before you schedule the appointment with the local office. This will allow time for USCIS to receive the decision and update our computer information.

What should I bring to the appointment?

You should bring:

  • A copy of the final order you received from the IJ or the BIA
  • Identity documents (passport, driver’s license, USCIS-issued Employment Authorization Document, etc)

What if I still don’t receive my green card after my appointment?

After your appointment at the local office, if you have complied with all the instructions, including biometrics, and you still do not receive your green card after 30 days:

  • Call the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283
  • E-mail a USCIS national point of contact at citrixeoir@dhs.gov

You must provide the following when you call or email the NCSC:

  • Name
  • Alien number
  • Date of birth
  • Address
  • Date of your order from the IJ or the BIA
  • Specific type of relief granted (e.g., adjustment of status, cancellation of removal)
  • Whether your order is final (if you or your representative know)
  • The USCIS local or district office where you attended your appointment
  • Dates of your local office and Application Support Center appointments
  • Any other relevant information about your request for documentation

This information is required so that USCIS may better respond to your request.


USCIS Announced Revised Filing Instructions for Several Forms


USCIS recently announced revised filing instructions and addresses for filing several forms, including Form I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization), and I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status). To download most recent forms, please visit www.uscis.gov. Continue Reading

Travel Documents, Application to Preserve Residency, Abandonment of residency and the Continuance of Residence


If a Permanent Resident is out of U.S. continuously for more than one year, DHS takes the position that residency has been abandoned. The criteria in determining whether a LPR abandons his residency include purpose of departure, existence of fixed termination date for visit abroad, and objective intention to return to U.S. as place of… Continue Reading