DE: (302) 478-2900
PA: (267) 908-5060

Family Based Immigration


Serving Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia and New York

At the Wilmington, Delaware, immigration law firm of Huang Law LLC, we have helped many individuals achieve permanent residency for themselves and their families.

Every year many thousands of legal immigrants in the United States apply for visas to have their fiancée, spouse or other family member join them in America. The difference between a successful family visa application and a denial is often determined by the immigration lawyer’s skills and determination. At Huang Law LLC, we have seen first-hand how important it is for people to be successful when applying for a family visa. The application process can be frustrating and confusing, but our attorneys have a successful history of overcoming the obstacles that often lead to failure.

Adjustment of status or immigrant visas:

The process includes include:

  • The USCIS must approve your initial form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative as a sponsor for visa entry into the U.S. If you intend to be an approved sponsor, you must have current legal status in the United States.
  • The U.S. State Department will assign an immigrant visa number to your petition as soon as one becomes available.
  • When assigned a visa number, you are eligible to apply for a status of lawful permanent resident. If you are outside of the U.S., the process must be completed at the U.S. Consulate serving your region.

If you want to be a sponsor to bring a family member to America:

  • Be ready to prove that you are a legal relative of the person seeking a family visa.
  • You must be a naturalized citizen or a legal resident of the United States.
  • Be ready to prove that you will support your relative financially.

Who is eligible to apply for a family visa for entry?


K1 Visa Overview

The K1 visa classification is specifically for fiancee(e)s of US Citizens seeking admission to the US to get married.

To be eligible for a fiance(e) visa,

  1. the petitioner must be a US Citizen,
  2. both members of the couple must be legally able to marry,
  3. the foreign national must have intent to marry within 90 days or entering the US, and
  4. they must have personally met within the past two years.

Advantages and Limitations of a K1

The K1 visa is ideal for those who prefer not to travel overseas to marry their fiance(e) and apply for their green card from the US. Applying for a K1 visa process is a faster process than having to travel overseas to get married, and wait for a spousal petition to get approved. The finace(e)’s unmarried children under the age of 21 may also enter the US with the fiance(e) as accompanying relatives. The K1 visa is also a multiple entry visa and the visa holder may also apply for work authorization immediately upon admission to the US.

There are no extensions allowed in K1 visas under any circumstances. Even after marriage, the K-1 visa holder will go out of status after the 90 day period of admission, and therefore should take action on applying for adjustment of status expeditiously.

How We Can Help

Huang Law LLC works with clients across the United States on the green card marriage process. While some clients prefer to come to our office, the entire process can be efficiently handled over the phone and through email as well.

Our firm’s green card through marriage experience benefits you in several key areas. We:

  • Clarify options and potential scenarios surrounding your case
  • Assist you in collecting the required information & documentation
  • Correctly complete and submit all parts of the application
  • Communicate with USCIS through the entire process
  • Monitor the entire application process
  • Thoroughly prepare you and your spouse for the marriage green card interview
  • Attend the marriage green card interview with you and your spouse

We encourage open and frequent communication, and

  • Make sure your green card marriage case is processed QUICKLY and SUCCESSFULLY
  • Provide the highest level of service at an affordable FLAT rate

Contact Us

To discuss K1 visa petitions and other alternatives with an experienced immigration lawyer from Huang Law LLC, feel free to contact us, or call our Wilmington office at (302) 478-2900, or Philadelphia Office at (267) 908-5060.



Huang Law LLC serves clients nationwide on immigration related matters.

The information you obtain at this site is not be construed nor is it intended to be legal advise. We invite you to contact us by phone and electronic mails. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.