DE: (302) 478-2900
PA: (267) 908-5060

Special Immigrant Non-Minister Religious Worker Program Extended

On March 20, 2009, President Obama signed Public Law 111-9 extending the non-minister religious worker program through September 29, 2009.

Non-minister Religious workers must file their special immigrant peititions before September 29, 2009.

Eligibility for special immigrant status requires religious workers (1) to have been a member, for two years, of a religious denomination that qualifies as a bona fide, nonprofit, religious organization in the United States; and (2) to have been carrying on religious work continuously, either abroad or in the United States, for at least two years immediately preceding the filing of the application.

The religious worker must be coming to the United States solely for the purpose of (a) acting as a minister; (b) working in a professional capacity in a religious vocation or occupation for a religious organization and at the organization’s request; or (c) working in a religious vocation or occupation for a religious organization or an affiliated organization.

Huang Law LLC serves clients nationwide on immigration related matters.

The information you obtain at this site is not be construed nor is it intended to be legal advise. We invite you to contact us by phone and electronic mails. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.